Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Support

If I move, the support I will receive will be no different to that which I garner now.

In my conversations with potential collaborators, and those who might provide finance to my (currently) very vulnerable team, it is incredible to realise how much support for my 'move' there is. Namely, that people are now saying that they've been wondering when I would go out alone and work as a truly autonomous researcher. It seems that those who possess objectivity have seen for some time what I have witnessed in the past week. That whilst I receive very strong support from above, it always comes with a caveat of some sort.

I've never liked the thought of bungy jumping. That I would voluntarily tip myself off the safety of a platform high in the sky to dunk my head under water several hundred meters below. Not me, I get weak knees. Who knows, maybe it's something I should consider?

No comments: