Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bumped

My meeting with current boss was bumped today. Shame, because I'd worked myself up to tell him that I'm staying put. Well, not actually staying put, but just not moving with him.

Wimped out and took the easy option and sent a non-specific email whose lines were easy to read between.

Staff in the lab are well aware that something is up. One person said that it's similar to the feeling in the air just before their parents split up. I can't say a thing because it's not my place to tell them all that they're out of a job soon. I've told my grad students and some staff that I am looking for a job elsewhere but not the reason why. They are all pleased and will come with me. I just want this to be resolved so that the next phase can begin. I fancy a bit of stability in my work life.

In other news, started processing data from study that has no papers at present. Colleague and I talked about publishing data in one of the Nature stable journals. I'm about half way through the analysis so it might not pan out that way but that would be a nice way to say goodbye...

No comments: