Saturday, June 14, 2008

Time management

For a number of years now it has been clear that I either have a serious problem with time management or a serious lack of time to do the work that is on my proverbial plate.

I like the think it's a case of the latter, but right now it is late, I have not slept well (ie more than 4 hrs on average, which for me is not enough) for over a week and I'm blogging. Meanwhile, I have a 45 minute talk to write and it's deviated SO far from the topic I said I'd speak to that it's not funny. I have 33 slides. I figure a few more points and I'm done. But I'll do anything other than have to think.This also includes: pour wine, drink wine, eat toddler's jelly babies (naughty mother), eat school-boy's snack biscuits (double strike, I know), consider whether I need to pluck my eyebrows, decide my face looks old and tired in the mirror, clean the mirror, shift some clothes in the laundry basket, return to kitchen for more nibbles, logon to see how my little page of blogging heaven is faring.

Hmmmm...

So perhaps a time management course would be an effective use of my time? A PA, a post-doc and a bloody house-cleaner might be a better investment!

Back to the grind then.

No comments: