Monday, November 24, 2008

More rejection

Oh, the orbitofrontal cortex goes into overdrive this week...

So, what is it about research office staff that makes them think that sending out an email at 4.43pm on a Friday afternoon, in which they inform you that although it's top secret and you can't breathe a word to anyone, you're a reject.

"Dear applicant,

I have received the attached email from the blahblah outcomes. Unfortunately your name was not on the list of applications recommended for funding.


Kind Regards,

Messenger of Doom in the Research Office"

KIND REGARDS? There's nothing kind about that news at all. When I read that all I hear is the little freak from the Simpsons going "ha ha"
ha ha. you're a reject. try again next year (withoutanychanceofsuccessbutweknowyou'readdictedandsowe'relaughingonfridayevening)

I guess I'm annoyed. Need papers. Something's gotta feed the research addiction and get that orbitofrontal cortex to settle down...

ARGH.

No comments: