Friday, September 5, 2008

Grant news

In my previous post I lamented the horrible day I'd had. Whinge whinge, I know.

Well, I was just trawling through my overloaded inbox and was about the delete an email that really looked like spam. The title and the email address is stemmed from looked seriously dodgy. I don't know why I decided to check it out, but I did. Lo and behold "Dear Dr SM, We are writing to advise that your application has been short-listed for funding approval by yadayada-blahblah . Short-listed applicants will be notified of their success or otherwise in early October 2008".

Well, I'll be... It's not a request for a lot of money but it would sure help the project.

And now I know why we keep getting up off the floor with our fists up. This science game is an addiction and it'd be really hard to go cold turkey.

No comments: